Relevance is central to the CAPS learning model. Our students solve real problems. With real tools (used by real professionals), being mentored by real employers, leading to real contributions in the professional arena. To support that learning model, we are always looking for challenging projects that will train our students in key skills for employability.
Do you have a project that has languished as the 10th item on your to-do list? If so, send it our way. Or are you an early-stage enterprise in need of support? CAPS can provide your solution at no charge.
Our list of project successes is long and varied. Let CAPS know what needs you have and we will work to match you up with qualified students. Our students will be guided by instructors and mentors, but you will be the client. This is not an internship program requiring a large time commitment from the business partner, but companies for whom services are provided will need to be available to meet with students periodically regarding progress and provide an after-action report. Below are examples of CAPS student services:
- Market analysis and business plan development
- Event planning and management
- Social media plan, design and development
- Creative services – photography, graphic design, video production
- Training design and instructional assistance
- Design using AutoCad, Inventor, Revit, and Multi Sim
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing including 3D Printing, Laser Engraving & Cutting, CNC Router, CNC Plasma Cutter, Vertical Mill, Lathe, and MIG & TIG Welding
- Electronics including Circuit Boards, Component Assembly, Testing & Trouble Shooting
- Apps (wireframe, feature enhancement or general conceptual design)
- Simple game design for brand promotion
- Simple software/engineering in various languages
- Simple back-end and/or database Applications
We are currently accepting Digital Design & Photography and Multimedia Journalism request for Fall 2019. The remaining requests will be for Spring 2020. Please click here to submit a request.