The Blue Valley CAPS Teacher Ed program attended the State Educator’s Rising Conference held at Ottawa University in Ottawa, KS on March 9. Students that qualified at the Regional Conference held in November were given the chance to participate in performance-based competitive events that demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and leadership in education. With four first place finishes and one second place finish, all five CAPS students that competed at the State Conference qualified for the National Educator’s Rising Conference held in Washington D.C in June. Congrats to these National Qualifiers on their accomplishments!
- Gabby Gutierrez qualified in the category of Educator’s Rising Moment in which competitors must deliver a speech about what inspired them to become a teacher.
- Caroline Humphrey qualified in the category of Job Interview in which competitors develop a resume, cover letter, and are put through a mock job interview in the educational field.
- Ella Ray qualified in the category of Children’s Literature K-3 in which competitors must write and illustrate an age-appropriate book for children and discuss their inspiration.
- Sofia Sarris qualified in the category of Creative Lecture (TED Talk) in which competitors must deliver a speech in a TED Talk format discussing the mental health impacts the pandemic had on students.
- Aidan White qualified in the category of Exploring Non-Core Subject Teaching Careers in which competitors must shadow and interview a host teacher and deliver a presentation reflecting on their experience and insights gained into a career in non-core subject teaching.