Enrollment – Non Blue Valley Student

This enrollment information is for the 2024-2025 school year. 

At this time, we do not have a date as to when registration will be open. The link for online registration will be e-mailed to you as soon as it is available to us. 

Thank you for your interest in CAPS. Please take the time to carefully read the step-by-step process for enrolling in Blue Valley CAPS as a home school, private school, or otherwise Non-Blue Valley student.

Before beginning this process, please note: Enrollment is not on a first come, first served basis.

We have a limited number of seats in each class, and we do our best to ensure placement is fair across all five home high schools as well as our Non-Blue Valley students

Step one:    Please make sure you have discussed CAPS with your home high school counselor to ensure it is something that will work in your schedule. 

Step two:    Fill out the form below so we can learn about what you’re interested in. You are not guaranteed your first course choice, so please provide 1-2 alternative choices. 

Step three:   Please register with the Blue Valley home high school that falls within the boundaries of your permanent address.  You can find out what your Blue Valley home high school is by  clicking here. Input your address in the “search for” field beneath the navigation bar. Contact the registrar for information on how to register.

Step four:    Wait. This is the hard part. All of the home high school counselors do their best to work on generating schedules at the beginning and end of summer (They deserve summer break too!)
You may not know what course you’ve been placed in until close to the end of summer break. We will stay in communication with you via e-mail to keep you as updated as we can.

All questions on this process can be directed to Jill Larson, CAPS Registrar at jdlarson@bluevalleyk12.org

Please note that non-Blue Valley students must pay pro-rated BVSD registration fees to enroll at CAPS. Click here to access a fee schedule.

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly read through our process. We are excited to have you in our program!

Enrollment - Non Blue Valley Student

  • Please list your current high school. Note "home school" if applicable.
  • In order to complete your registration at CAPS you will be to contact the registrar at the Blue Valley high school in your attendance area. So that we can plan for your participation in CAPS, please indicate your Blue Valley home high school. You may look up your assigned school at http://ims.jocogov.org/locationservices/?id=. Input your address in the "search for" flied beneath the navigation bar.
    We make every effort to match CAPS applicants to their areas of interest. NOTE: If you select a Medicine & Healthcare class, you will need to complete a supplemental form. Go back to the enrollment page to access that form.
  • The alternate selection applies to either 1st or 2nd semester.