CAPS will be open for in-person instruction on September 9th. Here are some important details:
- There will not be a Virtual ED option for CAPS.
- Students may utilize Virtual ED for some classes and still attend CAPS in person.
- CAPS will be substituting face-to-face interactions with business partners for virtual interactions.
- In the event of intermittent school closings, CAPS will pivot to distance learning. The plan is that these interruptions will be short-term, and the regular instructor would direct learning.
- Some of our courses will change significantly and this may impact your enrollment decisions:
- Courses that rely heavily on site visits (notably, but not limited to Exploring Health Professions, Law, Teacher Education) – Students will be required to stay in the CAPS building. They will explore professions and connect to business partners virtually.
- Global Business – Our high school curriculum and credit will not be changing with our Global Business course. However, we will not be offering the Microeconomics and Macroeconomics college credit through Baker University. In its place we will be offering an Introduction to Business and Marketing credits through JCCC.
- Placement at CAPS is still done through your home high school. That process has been delayed so we do not know who has been officially placed at CAPS.
- If you no longer wish to attend CAPS please notify CAPS Registrar, Kelly Darling (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP, with the deadline being August 5th.